Where the Bruised Cucumber meets the Sippy Cup!

A Loud Mama with a loud family, living imperfect lives glorified through God and breaking free of the bondage of politically correct Religion. We do things differently around the Viking Homestead, and hope that, by sharing our lives, we can help others feel more comfortable with their differences as well.


13 March, 2012

Trilight Health Review for Modern Alternative Mama

It's that time of year again! Cold & Flu season is kicking into gear and, if you're like me and live somewhere with crazy weather fluctuations, a late-starting cold and flu season can coincide with hay-fever, allergies and sinus problems. There are times when the kiddos seem to be 'sick' for 6 months straight. However, I now have a new 'weapon' in my arsenal against what I call 'the crud'. I was fortunate enough to be chosen to try Sinus Minus from Trilight Health so that I could review it for Modern Alternative Mama. This could not have come at a better time. Both of my children(ages 8 and 3) were starting to come down with the crud. Runny nose and eyes, mild fever, sinus drainage and constant throat clearing and that was on a good day. Having made the rounds with doctors when my daughter was younger to try to find a solution for her problems, I know that going that route is expensive and doesn't fix anything. Oral and nasal steroids, OTC antihistamines, decongestants and ultimately surgery to remove her tonsils and adenoids had NO effect. I've done the best I know how and now, thanks to cleaning up our diet and keeping everyone on fclo and probiotics year round helps. However, sometimes, there's just no preventing a bout of sinus problems or hay-fever(when you live directly across from a field of ragweed and trees that you have a confirmed allergy to). I'm thrilled to have something else to turn to when everyone in the house starts feeling yucky. As far as I'm concerned, Sinus Minus is going to be a permanent fixture in our medicine cabinet! I'm ordering the largest bottle that they have to keep on hand so that I can start it the minute 'the crud' tries to rear its ugly head. Sinus Minus has a combination of herbs specifically selected to support the sinuses and lungs during bouts with sinus infections, allergies or if you are dealing with a cold or the flu and have lots of extra congestion to clear up. My kids LOVE to try new things, so getting them to take this wasn't hard at all. My husband took it as well and while he said it did have a medicinal taste, no one complained or refused to take it. I followed the suggested use on the bottle starting the day we received Sinus Minus and, quite frankly, was a bit skeptical. I wasn't really expecting much, especially not for the first couple of days. However, I was pleasantly surprised when, by day 2 the kiddos had stopped clearing their throats! This was HUGE to me, because when they have sinus issues, it is constant. By day 4, they didn't have 'allergy face' anymore. Their appetites had also improved as food started to taste good again. Even my husband, who was incredibly skeptical and works outdoors(in harsh environments and in a vocation that puts massive amounts of stress on his body) said that he was pleasantly surprised by the improvements. For the record, he is a guy who has to take the largest dose of pseudo-ephedrine available to get any amount of relief. He noted that he woke up after a couple of days with NO sinus drainage or nose bleed. This is a HUGE deal as he has dealt with this for years. I didn't give all the doses per day that were allowed. I don't wake kiddos up for supplements. The label advises that it can be taken every 3 hours. I gave it to the kids at breakfast, lunch and bedtime. If they were feeling worse, I would have increased the dose. However, as this seemed to work quite effectively I was pleased to stick with this amount. I was also happy that Sinus Minus didn't cause my children to experience any side effects. For a bit of time I did give my children OTC antihistamines and decongestants and those can turn the sweetest of babes into raging little monsters. My children always experienced ill effects from these drugs. Sinus Minus caused nothing other than a good night's sleep during cold & flu season. All in all, I can't say enough good things about this product and am really SO happy that I've had the experience to try it. I'm now recommending this for ALL my mama friends to have on hand as a way to get away from the vicious cycle of OTC/prescription drugs.
I had a GREAT experience with this product and its nice to have something else to go to.  The
ONLY negative I could find was that, using the recommended doses, we did run through the bottle fairly quickly.  However, this would be true of ANY medicine if we were ALL taking it.  This review was originally featured over at Modern Alternative Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment