Meal Plan 7/3-7/9
- "cereal"(made from scratch. Basically, just nuts, dried fruits, chia seeds and shredded coconut. Mix it up, store it in a mason jar, and you have a healthy 'cereal' that can accommodate a wide range of palates and allergy issues)
- Fried Fruit and Homemade Yogurt
- This YUMMY grain free 10 minute peach cobbler from Wellness Mama
- Migas(a tex-mex staple) from the Homesick Texan
- Eggs with Bacon and Smoothies
- Stir Fry with Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Homemade "lunchables" made with various organic cheeses, meats, rice crackers, fruit, and gluten free tortillas
- 7/3-BBQ Chicken Potatoes-Shredded roasted chicken with homemade barbecue sauce, served one baked potatoes with all the fixin's! I usually serve a salad alongside this to get all our veggies in.
- 7/4-Cheesy Dunkers-a favorite of my kiddos! Grilled mozzarella cheese sandwiches(homemade gluten free bread, organic cheese), served with 'pizza soup'(homemade pizza sauce, applegate farms pepperoni, cheese on top). So easy, and the kids love it so much they are actually quiet for a few minutes!
- 7/5-Chicken Stir Fry with Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 7/6-Grain Free Banana Pancakes served with Eggs and Bacon
- 7/7-Gluten Free pancakes with Eggs and Bacon
- 7/8-Roast Chicken with raw honey glazed carrots and root veg/cauliflower Mash
- 7/9-Beef Stir Fry with Cauliflower Fried Rice
I'm also starting up running again. I've run on and off for years! I LOVE running but haven't done it seriously since I had my first child almost 9 years ago!! Its time to change that. So, I've registered for not 1, not 2, but 4(thats right 4!!) 5k's. Its a good starting point and now I'm feeling more motivated than ever to get back in shape. Now, when I was running, I never stopped at running to meet my fitness needs. I also added in a good weight workout and pilates to build muscle and flexibility in addition to the endurance from running. That is the plan now. Walking daily(gotta work my way back into running!), weights and pilates on alternating days. Even if its only 15 minutes, its about little changes and building a HABIT of fitness. I'm so excited about this new journey and can't wait to share more with you.