Where the Bruised Cucumber meets the Sippy Cup!

A Loud Mama with a loud family, living imperfect lives glorified through God and breaking free of the bondage of politically correct Religion. We do things differently around the Viking Homestead, and hope that, by sharing our lives, we can help others feel more comfortable with their differences as well.


16 January, 2011

Well, I'm back..that counts for something, right?! :D

Well, its obviously been awhile! The holidays are always wonderful, but my favorite time of the year is the time between New Years day and Valentine's day. It seems like the world just breathes this huge sigh and slows down a bit. Its the time of year that the weather FINALLY seems to get cold around here, the days get a bit dreary...and I LOVE it! Its such a wonderful time of promise and opportunity. This is the time to start sowing what I hope to reap, not just for the year, but for a lifetime(both literally and figuratively!). Its a time of renewal and a time to reflect on needs, wants and priorities. This is also the time of year that I start to think of Lent, what it means to me and what I plan to do to honor this special time. I've also been pondering alot about where I'm supposed to do, the path i'm to follow. I've been learning new things, both in general and about myself. I'm debating on doing a series on this blog....but not sure which topic to tackle first as there are so many things I'm wanting to talk about. For the time being, I can talk about cloth diapers, but not a certain brand, so will probably put that on the back burner for now. I'm definitely keen to talk about radical homemaking, modern biblical femininity/gender roles, living on a TIGHT budget, real food eating(including kefir, kombucha, and local foods) and self sufficiency...being able to take care of oneself and grow ones own food is very important to me. And, of course, knitting! :D At this point I feel I've got to be the very model of confusion at this point...I don't really fit in with any group, but I'm always happy to talk, to answer questions, and to learn new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment